Yellow Curry Beef
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) beef sirloin, sliced
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) yellow new potatoes, halved
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Yellow Curry Cooking Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked Basmati rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pat beef dry with paper towels. Add beef to saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion; cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add potatoes, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and VH® Yellow Curry Cooking Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce is slightly thickened. Stir in reserved beef. Cook for 1 minute longer. Serve over Basmati rice and sprinkle with green onions.
Substitute barley for the sticky rice, if desired.
Sauté onion with hot chili flakes for a spicy version.
Stir into steamed white rice.
Stir into soups.
Stir into mashed potatoes.