Warm Oriental Chicken Salad
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) grated ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb. (454 g) of uncooked, skinless, boneless (chicken or turkey) cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh, minced coriander (optional)
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded Chinese (Napa) cabbage
- 1 cup (250 mL) bean sprouts
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) each sesame oil, VH® Soya Sauce, and lemon juice
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 lb. (125 g) snow peas, steamed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- In a bowl mix together VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce, ginger, garlic and meat, marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl mix together coriander, Chinese lettuce, bean sprouts and green onions & set aside.
- Take meat out of marinade; reserve 1/4 cup (60mL) of marinade for later use.
- In large fry pan, heat 1 Tbsp. (15mL) oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes each side until meat is no longer pink inside & add to salad.
- In a pot, mix reserved marinade with remaining oil, sesame oil, VH® Soya Sauce, lemon juice and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Pour over the salad and mix gently.
- Arrange snow peas on top and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately.
Warm chicken served on a bed of crunchy vegetables drizzled with an Asian dressing.