Vegetable Smothered Pork Chops
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 4 bone-in pork chops (3/4 lb/340 g each)
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.6 mL) ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) button mushrooms, halved
- 2 cups (500 mL) leeks, cleaned, dried and sliced into 1/2 inch (1 1/4 cm) pieces
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) julienned red pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- Spray 13” x 9” baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) . Combine cornstarch and water (slurry); set aside.
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat; when hot add oil. Sear each side of chops 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown (cook in batches to prevent overcrowding of pan).
- Remove browned chops from skillet and place in prepared baking dish. Add mushrooms, leeks and red pepper to skillet and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add chicken broth, VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce and reserved slurry mixture to skillet; bring mixture to a boil. Cook 1-2 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce mixture over seared pork chops. Bake 15-20 minutes or until chops have reached an internal temperature of 160°F (70°C).
- Serve immediately.
- Serve with mashed red potatoes or cooked rice.
- For a quicker meal with the same flavour profile try using centre cut boneless pork chops.
A fail-proof recipe!! Pan seared pork chops served with a vegetable smothered sauce.