Vegetable Pad Thai with Snow Peas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely sliced onions
- 4 cups (1 L) finely sliced Napa cabbage
- 2 cups (500 mL) coarsely chopped red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced carrots
- 2 cups (500 mL) snow peas
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Pad Thai Sauce
- 1/2 (1 lb/454 g package) pad thai or rice noodles (prepared as directed on package)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry onions, cabbage, red pepper, carrots and snow peas until tender, about 12 minutes.
- Add VH® Pad Thai Sauce and cooked noodles to pan and toss until heated through. Serve sprinkled with peanuts.
- To avoid noodles from sticking to the pan, turn off heat while tossing with sauce.
- Add a package of diced, firm tofu to the pan 4 minutes before vegetables are cooked for a great source of protein.
- When cooking the noodles, be sure to lightly salt the cooking water.
This is a great vegetarian dish with loads of flavour, texture and colour.