Vegetable Medley with Gingered Pineapple
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) minced ginger root
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Pineapple Cooking Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) VH® Reduced Sodium Soya Sauce
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat vegetable oil over high heat and stir-fry onions, for 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and sesame seeds, cook for 1 minute longer.
- Add broccoli, peppers and mushrooms and stir-fry for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the VH® Pineapple Sauce and the VH® Reduced Sodium Soya Sauce and stir well.
- Cook until broccoli is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
This is a great side dish for chicken or turkey. Great served with rice as a vegetarian meal.