Vegetable Chop Suey
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, cut thinly on a diagonal
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups (500 mL) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) Napa or Chinese cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) VH® Garlic Rib Sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) cold water mixed with 2 Tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- In a large pot heat oil and stir-fry garlic, celery, red pepper, red onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add broth, cabbage, 3/4 cup bean sprouts and VH® Garlic Rib Sauce. Bring to a boil. Stir in constarch that has been diluted in cold water. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve into bowls and garnish with remaining bean sprouts. Season with VH® Soya Sauce.
Add this to your list of vegetarian recipes.