Thai Fusion Shrimp & Orzo Salad
- 1 lb (500 g) jumbo or large shrimp (about 16), peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) orzo shaped pasta
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Place shrimp in large shallow dish. Pour 1/2 cup (125 mL) of VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce over shrimp, turning so that all shrimp are well coated. Cover and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Reserving sauce from dish, thread shrimp onto 4 skewers.
- Spray grill with PAM® Grilling Spray; heat to medium-high heat. Grill skewers, basting with reserved sauce during first 5 minutes only, until shrimp are opaque, approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook pasta for 10 minutes. Reserving 1/2 cup (125 mL) of cooking water, drain pasta. Transfer to heated bowl. Immediately stir in tomatoes, feta cheese, remaining VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce and 2 tbsp (25 mL) of parsley. Stir in reserved cooking water to moisten if necessary.
- Remove shrimp from skewers. Arrange on top of orzo. Sprinkle with remaining chopped fresh parsley.