- ½ cup (120 mL) VH® Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) veal stock
- 1 peeled and chopped red onion
- 50 cherry tomatoes
- 10 basil leaves
- 20 slices of bacon
- 1 lb (600 g) gnocchi
- ¼ lb (100 g) grated parmesan cheese
- Cut bacon slices in small pieces. Cook bacon in a saucepan at low heat for 15 minutes or until crispy. Add chopped onion, cherry tomatoes and basil leaves. Remove excess bacon fat and discard. Add the VH® Teriyaki Sauce and cook to reduce by half. Add veal stock and let simmer at medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add gnocchi and cook for 3-5 minutes depending on the size of your gnocchi. It is very important to keep the water boiling during cooking. Cooking is completed when gnocchi float at the surface.
- Remove gnocchi from water, drain well and incorporate directly into the sauce. Add grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Substitute the gnocchi with ravioli
Add sauce to your favorites pasta for a different taste
Chicken, beef and vegetables