Teriyaki Beef Lettuce Cups
- 1 lb (500 g) rib eye, thinly sliced into strips
- 1 cup (250 mL) + 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
- 4 oz (125 g) glass noodles or other Asian rice noodles
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 4 green onions, sliced into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces, on diagonal
- 2 carrots, peeled, julienned
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) torn basil
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) white sesame seeds (optional)
- Marinate rib eye with 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in large pot of boiling, salted water until just tender, about 1-2 minutes. Drain well; return to pot. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce, lightly toss. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in large heavy skillet over high heat. Add rib eye with marinade to skillet and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add ginger, sliced green onions and carrots. Stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender but still bright in colour about 1-2 minutes longer. Add noodles and basil; toss to blend well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon Teriyaki mixture onto lettuce leaves, dividing equally. Garnish with white sesame seeds.
Inspiration: Inspired by my grandmother who would marinate meats for days to build flavour, I used VH® Sauces to honour that tradition of great flavour while still respecting timeliness.