Szechwan Garlic Shrimp
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) frozen large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into coins
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Sweet & Spicy Szechuan Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) drained canned water chestnuts
- ½ package (454g) udon noodles, cooked
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green onion
- Heat oil in a large wok or skillet set over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning, for 1 to 2 minutes or until pink and starting to brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, carrot and green pepper. Cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add VH® Sweet & Spicy Szechuan Stir-Fry Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; add shrimp and water chestnuts to wok.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Serve over cooked noodles and sprinkle with green onion.