Szechwan Crispy Beef and Green Beans
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) peanut or other oil
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) top sirloin steak, cut into strips against the grain, or pre-cut stir-fry strips
- 1 egg white, beaten until frothy
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cornstarch
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce or VH® Asian 5 Spice Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 lb (500 g) green beans
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sliced red pepper
- Sesame seeds or chopped green onion (optional)
- Heat oil in non-stick wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Toss beef strips with egg white in bowl; remove. Coat with cornstarch. In batches, fry beef in hot oil until crispy, adding more oil as necessary. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towels or cooling rack; keep warm.
- Stir VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce , sesame oil and green beans into wok. Add red pepper; cook until beans are tender crisp.
- Remove veggies to platter with tongs, top with crispy beef, then spoon remaining sauce from wok over beef. Sprinkle with sesame seeds or green onion, if desired.
This dish could be served on rice noodles, rice or it’s a great stand alone for a carb counter.