Szechwan Chicken & Shrimp Rice
- 2 cups (500 mL) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) Uncle Ben's® Long Grain Perfection Rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into pieces
- 1/2 lb (250 g) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen peas
- 1 cup (250 mL) VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce or VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- Stir together broth and Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain Perfection Rice in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, cook for 10 minutes and strain. Cook it like pasta!
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add shrimp, red pepper and peas; cook and stir until shrimp just turns pink. Stir in cooked rice and VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce or VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce; heat through.
Tender chicken and shrimp in a spicy-sweet sauce with rice.