Szechuan Garlic Shrimp
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into coins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® Szechuan Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) drained canned water chestnuts
- 1 cup (250 mL) steamed white rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green onion
- Heat oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning, for 1 to 2 minutes or until pink and starting to brown. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion, carrot and green pepper. Cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add VH® Szechuan Stir-Fry Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; add shrimp and water chestnuts to skillet.
- Simmer for 2 minutes or until shrimp is cooked through. Serve over steamed white rice and sprinkle with green onion.
Serve over spicy stir-fried noodles.
Substitute chicken for the shrimp, if desired.
Stir into chicken noodle soup.
Stir-fry with Chinese eggplant.
Slather on chicken before roasting.