Sweet & Sour Noodle Soup
- 3 cups (750 mL) beef broth, 35% less sodium
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) VH® Sweet & Sour Cooking Sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped shrimp, peeled and de-veined (approx. 24 shrimp)
- 2 pkgs Ramen noodles or Asian noodle of choice (dispose of seasoning mix)
- 1/4 cups (50 mL) thinly sliced green onion (approx. 4 onions)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced snow peas
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) red pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut in to 4 wedges
- In a saucepan, add broth and VH® Sweet & Sour Cooking Sauce, bring to a boil over medium heat, about 2-4 minutes. Add shrimp, bring back to a boil and cook shrimp, about 2 minutes or until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Soak noodles according to package directions.
- Divide remaining ingredients, including noodles, among 4 soup bowls. Ladle hot broth and shrimp over the vegetables and noodles.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime.
Inspiration: I absolutely love soup and wanted to showcase VH® Sauce in a way that is out of the norm, so it became the flavour base for this soup – a full blown meal in a bowl!