Sweet & Sour Cilantro Chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced fresh garlic
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) olive oil
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) VH® Sweet & Sour Stir-Fry Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, lightly flattened to 1/4-inch (6 mm) thickness
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine cilantro, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in bowl of food processor or mini chopper. Blend until well combined and smooth. Stir in VH® Sweet & Sour Stir-Fry Sauce.
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable bag. Pour VH® stir-fry mixture over. Seal bag closed. Massage mixture into chicken breasts.
- Marinate overnight or for up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place on foil-lined rimmed baking sheet, spreading any excess marinade over chicken.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs for this recipe.
- This recipe works beautifully on the grill – simply follow instructions above and grill, turning once, over medium-high heat, for 15 to 20 minutes.