Sweet and Sour Stuffed Peppers
- 4 large red, orange or yellow peppers; tops sliced off, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) ground pork
- 1 jar VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) Hunt’s® Thick & Rich Original Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) parboiled rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, not thawed
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high and stir-fry the pork until it is browned; about 5 minutes.
- Once pork is browned, stir in VH® Sweet & Sour Sauce, Hunt’s® Thick & Rich Original Pasta Sauce, rice and 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; remove from heat and stir in frozen peas.
- Using a large soup spoon, scoop rice mixture into the peppers until full; place tops of peppers back on. Place any excess rice mixture into a medium baking dish and place peppers firmly on top. Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) water to dish and cover completely with foil.
- Cook in oven until rice and peppers are tender, about 1 hour 20 minutes.