Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® Sweet and Sour Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) steamed white rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a medium wok or skillet set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add VH® Sweet and Sour Stir-Fry Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; return chicken to wok.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over steamed white rice and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
For spicy version, add chili flakes with the onion and green pepper.
Brush it on grilled eggplant.
Toss it with peaches, baby arugula and fresh mint.
Brush it on meatballs.