Succulent Sesame Salmon
- 4-5 oz. (140 g) salmon steaks, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sesame seeds
- grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce
- 4 green onions (shallots, thinly sliced)
- Dash Tabasco sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh thyme or tarran (2 tsp (10 mL) if dried)
- Pepper to taste
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over salmon.
- Cover & refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain excess liquid from salmon steaks and roll each one in sesame seeds.
- In a small amount of oil, fry fish in a non-stick pan for 5-6 minutes on each side. While the salmon is cooking, add marinade to pan to use as sauce. Do not overcook; the flesh should remain tender.
- Serve immediately, along with a salad and a side dish of rice garnished with peas.
A quick supper with Canada’s favourite fish.