Steak and Veggie Noodle Bowl
- 1 pkg (200 g) Japanese style udon noodles
- 1/4 lb (125 g) cooked flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) each julienned red and green peppers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dianally sliced green onions
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and oil if suggested on package. When two minutes of pasta cook time is remaining add broccoli, bell peppers and red onion to the pasta water.
- Cook for remaining 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Strain mixture and place in large bowl; stir in VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce, beef and sesame seeds. Garnish with green onion.
- Serve immediately.
- Japanese Style Udon noodles can be found on the shelf next to VH® is most grocery stores. If unavailable, dry Udon noodles, Liquini, Rice Noodles, Spaghetti or leftover pasta can be substituted
- For the vegetarian option, simply leave out the beef.
- How to toast sesame seeds: Place a skillet over medium-high heat; add sesame seeds; cook 3-5 minutes or until lightly toasted and aromatic, stirring occasionally.
An easy one-pot weeknight meal! Noodles and fresh vegetables combined with VH General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce and beef for a quick and easy meal.