Spicy Thai Chili Turkey Sandwich
- 3 Lb (1.5 kg) boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 1 cup (341 mL) VH® Spicy Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed arugula
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 8 slices of whole wheat bread
- Preheat a grill to medium- high heat. Butterfly turkey breast by slicing in half crosswise without cutting all the way through.
- Marinate turkey breast for 10 minutes in ½ cup (125 mL) of VH® Spicy Thai Chili Sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Place turkey on preheated grill and close the lid for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor blend basil, garlic, ½ cup (125 mL) of parmesan cheese, olive oil and juice of quarter of a lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Flip turkey and baste with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of basil mixture. Close the lid and cook for an additional 10 minutes until golden and no longer pink inside. Remove from grill; tent with foil for 10 minutes. Slice thinly.
- To assemble, toast bread and spread basil puree on all bread slices. Spread 2 tbsp (30 mL) of VH® Spicy Thai Chili Sauce on 1 side of the bread. Evenly distribute turkey, remaining ½ cup (125 mL) of parmesan cheese, arugula and a squeeze of lemon to taste on half of the pieces of bread. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Close sandwich and serve with a side of remaining dipping sauce and grilled lemon wedges for garnish.
Tips: Try the leftover turkey from this great dish the next day in a salad or in a sandwich. If you want more sauce pour a little extra on your plate to dip the sandwich in for added flavour.