Spicy Thai Asparagus Soup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1-1/4 lb (625 g) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) lengths
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated lemon zest
- 1 can (400 mL) light coconut milk
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Coconut Red Curry
- Heat oil in large saucepan set over medium heat; add asparagus, onion, garlic and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and VH® Coconut Red Curry. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Serve garnished with blanched asparagus spear pieces.
- You can also puree this soup for an added creamy elegant touch. After cooking through to end of step #2, transfer soup, in batches, to blender. Blend until very smooth. Garnish as you would above and with a dollop of sour cream or yogurt.