Spicy Szechwan Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 2 tsp(10 mL) minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) turkey breast cut into strips
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 6 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 6 mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 bottle (355 mL) VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) plain peanuts
- Fresh minced cilantro
- Yet-ca-mein noodles (or Chinese noodles or rice),
- Mix VH® Soya Sauce, cornstarch and fresh ginger in a bowl. Add the meat and toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in wok or a non stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the meat until it is no longer pink. Add onions, mushrooms and red pepper; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce and cider vinegar; continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Add peanuts and cilantro and cook for 1 minute.
- Serve with Yet-Ca-Mein noodles (or Chinese noodles or rice); prepare following package directions.
Tip: Substitute the type of meat (beef, pork) and the flavour of VH® Stir-Fry Sauce (Sweet & Sour, Teriyaki, or Orange Ginger) for a different stir-fry combination every time!
Perfect for a complete meal.