Spicy Shrimp Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thinly sliced carrot
- 1 lb (500 g) frozen shrimp, thawed (shelled and deveined) and patted dry
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced Napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sliced green onion
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; when hot add oil and red chili flakes. Add garlic, ginger, red onion, carrot and chili flakes. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add shrimp and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until shrimp begins to turn pink. Add Napa cabbage and VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce; cook 1-2 more minutes or until sauce begins to coat shrimp and vegetables.
- Garnish with green onion and serve over Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain Perfection Rice.
- For a spicier stir-fry, add an additional 1/4 tsp of chili flakes.
- Serve over cooked rice or whole wheat noodles.
- Recipe is flexible and can be done using chicken or beef.
Asian inspired spicy shrimp combined with Napa cabbage and VH General Tao Stir-Fry sauce for a quick and easy weeknight meal!