Spicy Beef and Red Pepper Stir-Fry
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) beef strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Sambal Oelek (fresh chili paste)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1 bottle VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) thinly sliced red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen soya beans, thawed and rinsed
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add VH® Soya Sauce and Sambal Oelek. Continue cooking until beef is browned and glazed with VH® Soya Sauce, another 4 minutes. Remove beef from skillet and set aside.
- Add peppers and beans to the skillet. Stir-fry for 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Place beef back in pan along with VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes and serve over rice.
If Sambal Oelek is unavailable, hot sauce can be used.
Shake hot sauce onto meat mixture after adding VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce.
Sauté some carrots in butter and ginger for a great side dish.