Soya Glazed Snapper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Reduced Sodium Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey or brown sugar
- 8 baby bok choy, halved (about 8 cups / 2 L)
- 4 red snapper filets
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Pour in VH® Reduced Sodium Soya Sauce, vinegar and honey. Boil gently for about 4 minutes or until reduced to a glaze-like consistency. Remove to bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) water to pan. Add bok choy; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Arrange fish over bok choy in single layer. Brush glaze evenly over top of fish. Reduce heat and cook, covered, over low heat, for 6 to 9 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
If Snapper is unavailable, feel free to substitute haddock, halibut, bass or cod. Garnish with julienned fresh ginger.