6 to 8hrs MIN
- 1 1/4 lb (625 g) lean ground pork
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 green onions, finely chopped, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups (425 mL) long-grain rice
- Mix together pork, bread crumbs, egg, half of the green onions, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper until combined. Roll into 1-inch (2.5 cm) meatballs; arrange in slow cooker.
- Pour VH® Honey Garlic Sauce over top. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or until meatballs are cooked through and tender. Remove from cooking liquid.
- Whisk cornstarch with 2 tbsp (30 mL) cold water until smooth. Whisk into slow cooker; cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Return meatballs to sauce, stirring to coat.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve with meatballs and sauce; garnish with remaining green onions.
- Add pinch of chili flakes or cayenne pepper to meatballs for a spicy kick.