Slow Cooker Butter Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb (500 g) ground chicken
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Butter Chicken Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely minced onions
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (540 mL) diced tomatoes, with 1/2 the juice
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- Mix ground chicken, onions, breadcrumbs, egg, fresh ginger and 2 tbsp VH® Butter Chicken Sauce together in a large bowl. Divide into 20 equal portions and shape each into a ball.
- Add the meatballs, the rest of the VH® Butter Chicken Sauce and the diced tomatoes with half the juice in the can to the slow cooker*.
- Cook on low heat for 4 hours, or medium/high heat for 2 hours. Serve with cooked basmati rice or noodles.
*Sauce may split during the cooking process.
Any ground meat can easily be used. Try ground turkey, lamb, pork, veal or beef.
Garnish the meatballs with a spoon of plain yogurt and toasted sliced almonds.
Use frozen pre-made meatballs for faster preparation time.
Spicy it up with 1 tsp dried chiles!
A simple and easy slow cooker favourite, meatballs, Indian!