Sloppy Masala Sandwich
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 1 onion, sliced, about 1 1/4 cup
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) diced green pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) ground beef
- 2 cups (500 mL) VH® Tikka Masala Sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) black pepper
- 6 large kaiser rolls
- Spray a medium skillet with PAM® Cooking Spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions and green peppers, if using, and cook until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef to skillet and stir frequently to break up meat as it cooks. Cook until no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid left in skillet.
- Stir in the VH® Tikka Masala Sauce and season with salt and pepper. Spoon 3/4 cup into each kaiser roll and serve warm.
For an extra special touch, top the sandwich with fried onions or tangy coleslaw.
If you’re looking for a meatless alternative, substitute tofu for the beef.
An Indian twist on an old classic.