Sloppy Joes, Butter Chicken Style
- 1 lb (500 g) ground pork
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienned onion
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-1/2 jars (512 mL) VH® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) onion or alphalpha sprouts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped chives, cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely sliced red finger chili (optional)
- Preheat the oven on broil. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the ground pork until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in VH® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce and continue to cook the mixture for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer both halves of the buns to the broiler, open-faced, and toast until the buns are golden.
- Remove the buns from the oven and fill each sandwich with a generous amount of the pork mixture. Top with remaining ingredients and serve immediately. Serve with a side salad made with arugula, shaved parmesan, and sliced radishes. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil.
Inspiration: The sloppy joe is a North American comfort food, and in this version I’ve added an irresistible Indian inpired twist; turning this mundane weeknight staple into an inpired culinary adventure