Simple Soy-Marinated Steak
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) VH® Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 flank steak (1 1/2 to 2 lb/750 to 1 kg)
- Stir together VH® Soy Sauce, oil, ginger, sugar and garlic. Place steak and marinade in resealable plastic bag; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Grill steak for 6 to 7 minutes per side for medium-rare or until desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes; slice thinly.
Add steak to sandwiches, salads or serve over a bed of rice or noodles.