Simple Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups (1 L) seasoned cooked, chilled white rice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Soya Sauce Lite
- 1 tsp (5 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas
- 2 tsp (10 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green onion
- Fresh coriander sprigs
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring constantly with a heat-proof spatula, for 1 to 2 minutes or until just set. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour remaining oil into skillet; add onion. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice, VH® Soya Sauce Lite, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil.
- Stir in peas and sesame seeds. Cook for 1 minute longer. Stir cooked egg into rice. Serve garnished with green onion and coriander sprigs.
Add 1 cup (250 mL) diced cooked chicken breast for chicken fried rice.
Add to stir-fried noodles.
Add to meat marinades.
Whisk into salad dressings.