Shrimp Salad with Plum Sauce
- ¼ cup (60 mL) VH® Plum Sauce
- ¼ cuo (60 mL) sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sliced almonds
- 36 (500 g) frozen shrimps, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 oranges skinless and cut in small pieces
- 2 cups arugula
- In a small saucepan, bring to a boil the balsamic vinegar and the sugar for 1-2 minutes to reduce and blend together. Let cool to room temperature. Incorporate the VH® Plum Sauce and olive oil and whisk together and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook shrimps for 2 minutes or until well c pink colored. Remove shrimps from hot water and soak in an ice cold bowl of water for 1 minute, drained well and transfer to a large bowl. In a small pan, slightly roast the almonds.
- Add sauce and all the ingredients in the large bowl with the shrimps. Mix well together, sprinkle the roasted almonds on top and serve as an entrée or main course.
For a more colorful version, add sliced red and yellow peppers
Serve with a white fish, such as halibut or cod
More special, serve as a Surt & Turf with a steak on BBQ glazed with VH® Plum Sauce
Brush onto grilled salmon
Mix with sauted vegetables