- 1 lb (500 g) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 2 oz (60 g) crabmeat, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) canola oil
Gingered Dipping Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) honey
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper sauce
- In bowl, combine shrimp, crabmeat, green onions, cilantro, ginger, garlic, VH® Soya Sauce, egg and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the breadcrumbs. Shape into 10 patties.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs in shallow bowl. One at a time, dip each patty into breadcrumbs, until well coated on both sides.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. In batches, fry shrimp cakes until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Sauce: In small bowl, stir together all sauce ingredients. Serve with hot cakes.
- The key to this recipe is to not chop the shrimp too finely. Leave it a bit chunky so that you get a tender morsel of shrimp in every bite!