Scrumptious Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce or VH® Plum Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt, fat free, or light mayonnaise
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each of finely chopped red and/or green pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) your choice of dried fruits (apricots, dates, raisins, etc.)
- Lettuce leaves or hollowed sweet red or orange peppers, to garnish
- Stir VH® Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce, parsley and yogurt together in a small bowl.
- Arrange chicken, celery, peppers, onion and dried fruit on lettuce leaves or in sweet peppers.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
Suggestion: The diced chicken may also be replaced with whole chicken breasts, each portion cooked on the grill.
VH Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce makes a great salad dressing in this delicious recipe.