Roasted Lime and Soy Chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 whole chicken (3 to 3 1/2 lb/1.4 to 1.6 kg)
- In small saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine VH® Soy Sauce, lime juice and honey; bring to boil. Cook for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Brush soy mixture all over chicken, inside and out. Tie legs together with butcher’s string if desired. Place, breast side up, on greased rack in foil-lined roasting pan.
- Cover with foil. Bake in lower third of oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil; cook for 40 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh registers 165°F (74°C). Let stand for 10 minutes; remove string (if using) and slice.
If you don’t have a rack for your roasting pan, place chicken on a bed of halved onion, carrot and celery.