Red Curry Chicken
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced butternut squash
- 1 jar (341 mL) VH® Red Curry Cooking Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion; cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add squash, 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and VH® Red Curry Cooking Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; return chicken to saucepan.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until squash is tender and sauce is thickened. Serve over Basmati rice and sprinkle with cilantro.
Substitute sweet potatoes for the squash, if desired.
Serve over cooked glass noodles, instead of rice, if desired.
Whisk into soups.
Stir into mashed sweet potatoes.
Stir fry with carrots and parsnips.