Quick & Easy Chop Suey
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced lean pork
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) beef or chicken stock
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) each of thinly sliced onions, green pepper, mushrooms and celery
- 4 cups (1 L) bean sprouts, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and brown pork on all sides, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in stock. Cover and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, onions, green pepper, mushrooms and celery to skillet.
- Mix well and cook; covered, on medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, cover, and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce and cook on medium heat for approximately 1 minute.
- Serve very hot with steamed rice, Yet-Ca-Mein noodles or Chinese noodles.
Makes Chop Suey an easy meal to prepare.