Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Dried Apricots and Roasted Red Pepper
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 2 pieces of pork tenderloin (about 1 lb/500 g each)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) drained, finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely chopped dried apricot
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Sweet & Spicy Szechwan
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9”x13” (23 x 33 cm) glass or metal baking dish with PAM® Original Cooking Spray.
- Using a sharp knife “butterfly” the 2 tenderloins, slice each lengthwise from one end to the other, leaving ½” intact. Do not slice completely through. Open up the tenderloin and pound flat between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until about ½” throughout.
- In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, peppers, apricots, cilantro and 3 tbsp (45 mL) VH® Sweet & Spicy Szechwan Sauce. Spread mixture down the middle of one tenderloin, top with the second and secure sides with wooden skewers. Place roast in baking dish and cover with remaining VH® Sweet & Spicy Szechwan Sauce. Bake in oven for 30 minutes and remove foil. Continue cooking until pork is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 30 minutes longer.
- Let rest 10 minutes covered in foil, then slice and serve with sauce.
Tip: “Butterflying” the pork gives it a larger surface area which makes it easier for stuffing.