Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Dried Apricots and Roasted Red Pepper
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 2 pieces of pork tenderloin (about 1 lb/500 g each)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) drained, finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely chopped dried apricot
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9”x13” (23 x 33 cm) glass or metal baking dish with PAM® Original Cooking Spray.
- Using a sharp knife “butterfly” the 2 tenderloins, slice each lengthwise from one end to the other, leaving ½” intact. Do not slice completely through. Open up the tenderloin and pound flat between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until about ½” throughout.
- In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, peppers, apricots, cilantro and 3 tbsp (45 mL) VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce. Spread mixture down the middle of one tenderloin, top with the second and secure sides with wooden skewers. Place roast in baking dish and cover with remaining VH® Szechwan Stir-Fry Sauce. Bake in oven for 30 minutes and remove foil. Continue cooking until pork is no longer pink and juices run clear, about 30 minutes longer.
- Let rest 10 minutes covered in foil, then slice and serve with sauce.
Tip: “Butterflying” the pork gives it a larger surface area which makes it easier for stuffing.