Pork Chops with Pineapple Sauce
- 4 boneless pork chops (about 1 lb)
- 1/2 jar (170 mL) VH® Pineapple Marinade
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) steamed white rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped cilantro
- Toss pork chops with VH® Pineapple Marinade. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove pork chops, reserving sauce. Pat pork chops dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook over medium heat, turning once, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Add onion and red pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Pour in reserved VH® Pineapple Marinade and 1/3 cup (75 mL) water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; return pork chops to skillet. Simmer for 5 minutes or until pork is cooked through and sauce is thickened. Serve with steamed white rice and sprinkle with cilantro.
For a spicy version, add chili flakes.
Double the recipe for leftovers.
Toss with cooked and shredded pork butt.
Brush onto chicken and veggie kebabs.
Brush onto ham before baking.