Perfect for Two Sloppy Joes, Butter Chicken Style
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) ground pork
- 1 cup (125 mL) julienned onion
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce
- 2 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup (60 mL)) onion or alphalpha sprouts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chives, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely sliced red finger chili (optional)
- Preheat the oven on broil. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the ground pork and sauté‚ until browned, about 8-10 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, sauté‚ for 2 minutes.
- Stir in VH® Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce and continue to cook the mixture for another 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer both halves of the buns to the broiler, open-faced, and toast until the buns are golden.
- Remove the buns from the oven and top one half of each bun with a generous amount of the pork mixture. Top with remaining ingredients, top with the second half of the bun and serve immediately. Serve with a side salad made with arugula, shaved parmesan, and sliced radishes. Dress with lemon juice and olive oil.