Saucy Tao Sweet Potatoes & Chicken
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 10 oz)
- 8 boneless chicken thighs
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) roasted peanuts or cashews, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Peel and cut sweet potatoes into thin 1/4-inch (5 mm) slices and place in ceramic or glass dish. Top with chicken thighs, skin side up. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together 1/4 cup (60 mL) of VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce, brown sugar and ginger.
- Pour sauce over sweet potatoes and chicken, mixing as evenly as possible. Season with salt and pepper and dot with butter. Cover with foil; bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Brush potatoes with remaining VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce. Return to oven for 5 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven; baste with sauce from bottom of pan. Cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with peanuts and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.