Perfect for Two Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Dried Apricots and Roasted Pepper
- PAM® Original Cooking Spray
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 12 oz /375g each)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped drained roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped dried apricot
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8-inch (22 cm) square glass dish with PAM® Original Cooking Spray.
- Using a sharp knife “butterfly” the tenderloin, slicing lengthwise from one end to the other, leaving ½” intact. Do not slice completely through. Open up the tenderloin and pound flat between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until about ½” throughout.
- In a medium bowl combine bread crumbs, peppers, apricots, cilantro and 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce. Spread mixture down the middle of tenderloin, top with the second and secure sides with wooden skewers. Place tenderloin in baking dish and cover with remaining VH® General Tao Stir-Fry Sauce. Cover dish with foil. Bake in oven for 30 minutes and then remove foil. Continue cooking until pork is no longer pink and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Let rest 10 minutes covered in foil, then slice and serve with sauce.
Tip: “Butterflying” the pork gives it a larger surface area which makes it easier for stuffing.