Peanut Crusted Chicken with VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb/750 g total)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper as needed
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- Stir together breadcrumbs and peanuts and place on a plate. Place flour on another plate. Place egg in a small bowl.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, coat one breast in flour, shaking off excess. Dip completely in egg and then coat well in crumb mixture, pressing to make sure mixture adheres to chicken. Set aside. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium-low heat in a large fry pan. Add chicken breasts and cook until golden on first side, about 8 minutes. Flip and brown the second side until chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- Serve with VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce on the side.
- Turn this dish into chicken fingers by slicing the chicken into strips before breading.
- Substitute peanuts with another nut, sesame seeds or simply bread crumbs.
- Serve with crunchy coleslaw and more VH® Sweet Thai Chili Sauce in a wrap for a satisfying lunch.
Your kids will love this peanutty chicken and mild chilli sauce.