Orange Teriyaki Tofu Cutlets
- 1 350g cake extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup (125mL) VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125mL) VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
- 10 ounces (284mL) water chestnuts, drained, sliced
- Black pepper to taste
- Slice tofu lengthwise into 4 even slices to make cutlets.
- Combine VH® Teriyaki Stir-Fry Sauce and VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce together in bowl. Pour half the marinade into bottom of 9″ x 13″(23 x 33 cm) glass dish.
- Arrange tofu cutlets over marinade, cover with remainder of marinade, sprinkle with black pepper. Marinate 30 minutes or longer.
- When ready to cook, heat a little oil in a large skillet. Sauté tofu, broccoli and water chestnuts in a little marinade until brown on both sides, 4-5 minutes on each side.
Marinated tofu cutlets with the combined tastes of orange and teriyaki, are lightly fried with water chestnuts for a great tender and crunchy meat alternative dish.