Orange Sesame Chicken
- 1 jar (355 mL) VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) Panko or fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried mustard powder
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch (6mm) thickness
- Place VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce in large shallow bowl. In separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs, sesame seeds and mustard powder.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet set over medium heat.
- Working with one breast at a time, dip chicken into VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce, coating well. Coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Don’t dip and coat the chicken breasts ahead of time. This needs to be done at the last minute or the coating will become mushy instead of crispy.
- This recipe works equally as beautifully with turkey breast fillets.