Orange Ginger Tofu
- 1 350g. cake firm to extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup (125mL) VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon (5mL) vegetable oil
- 4 cups (1 L) baby spinach
- 5 green onions, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- black pepper to taste, optional
- Slice tofu into 1″ (2.5cm) cubes. Drain well.
- Add tofu to bowl, cover with VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce and marinate for up to 4 hours.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan. Remove tofu from marinade, reserve marinade, and fry tofu until browned on all sides. Add green onions and cook for several minutes. Add the spinach and reserved marinade and cook for a few minutes until sauce reduces.
- Serve over jasmine rice with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and freshly ground black pepper if desired.
A colourful and easy dish, with the tang of fresh green onions and the sweetness of orange topped with the zing of lime.