Orange Ginger Meatballs
- 1/2 lb (250 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb (250 g) ground pork
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped green onions
- 1 jar VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- Blend the beef, pork, egg, VH® Soya Sauce, and breadcrumbs together. Form meat mixture into 1 1/2 inch meatballs.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add half the meatballs and brown, about 5 minutes. The meatballs do not have to be fully cooked at this point. Remove first batch of meatballs from pan.
- Add the second batch of meatballs along with red pepper. Brown remaining meatballs for 5 minutes.
- Add all meatballs into the skillet with green onions, VH® Orange Ginger Sauce and 1/4 (60 mL) cup of water. Cover, simmer until meatballs are fully cooked. Serve warm over rice or egg noodles.
Try all beef instead of pork and beef.
Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated orange zest to the meat mixture.
Sautee broccoli and sprinkle with sesame seeds for a terrific side dish.