Orange Ginger Beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb (250 g) flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped green pepper
- 1 pouch (160 mL) VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) steamed white rice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sliced green onion
- Heat oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, turning, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a plate.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook, over medium heat, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add VH® Orange Ginger Stir-Fry Sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; return beef to skillet.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is cooked through. Serve over steamed white rice and sprinkle with green onion.
Substitute green pepper with broccolini, if desired.
For spicy version, add sliced red Thai chilies.
Brush on seared duck breast or duck confit.
Stir into steamed mussels or clams.
Toss with cooked chicken wings.