Mushroom Stuffed Pork Chops
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced onion
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 10-ounce (280 g) pork loin or rib chops cut 1" (2.5 cm) thick
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (25 0mL) VH® Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce, mild or medium
- 4 green onions, minced, for garnish
- To make stuffing, melt butter in a non-stick skillet, add mushrooms, onion and ginger, cook until onion is tender and juices have evaporated. Remove from heat, add spinach and breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Make a pocket in each chop by cutting horizontally from the fat side almost to the bone. Spoon one fourth of the stuffing mixture into each pocket. Secure the opening with wooden toothpicks. Season chops with additional salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil, sauté pork chops on both sides until well-browned.
- Pour VH® Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce over chops, cover and bake in a preheated 350°F (170°C) oven for 30-35 minutes or until the centre of the meat registers 160°F (80°C) on an instant read thermometer.
- To serve, place chops on dinner plates, garnish with green onions
A stuffed pork chop that is full of succulent goodness. Combine with our VH® Honey Garlic Cooking Sauce for the ultimate dinner.