Moo Shu Pork
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil, divided
- 3/4 lb (375 g) lean ground pork
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms 1/2 jar (175 mL) VH® Garlic Hoisin Stir-Fry Sauce, divided 2 tbsp (30 mL) VH® Soya Sauce
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- 8 small flour tortillas, warmed (about 6-inch/15 cm)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp (5 mL) of the oil in a large wok or skillet set over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Pour remaining oil in wok; add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in cabbage and shiitake mushrooms. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until cabbage is wilted and mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) VH® Garlic Hoisin Stir-Fry Sauce, VH® Soya Sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame oil. Return pork to wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Serve in warm tortillas spread with remaining hoisin. Sprinkle with green onions.
Use store-bought coleslaw mix instead of cabbage.
Serve pork mixture in lettuce cups instead of tortillas.
Double the recipe for leftovers.
Brush on pizza dough.
Toss with cooked eggplant and serve chilled.
Add to wraps.